Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Nintendo DS is on its Death Bed

I haven't touched my NDS in over a year and what a surprise I find myself with. Aside from the obvious drained battery, recharging it a little showed that it's already forgotten my user info and is very prone to sudden freezes. All this means is I'll never be able to access Wi-Fi on any game without erasing my connection-related info; not that I was doing a lot of that anyways. I wouldn't be too surprised if it simply never turned on anymore, as is the next logical step.
I had already backed up my saves long ago, so I'm not worried about cartridges. It's just a little sad to see that my NDS, even though fairly neglected, was still in good shape. It shouldn't have ended like this. I still have Mega Man Battle Network 5DS, Star Force 1, 2, 3, which were the only games I ever owned. It's all I wanted to play anyways.

3 comments:

Prof. 9 said...

Are you sure it's dead? It's pretty normal that it forgets your user info if you don't use it for a long time. Just charge the battery to full again. Though freezes I wouldn't know about... that could be a slot-1 connection issue.

Mega Rock.exe said...

It freezes during the initial user info setup, regardless of cartridge. Even if the info is entered, it simply forgets when it freezes.

ANABOLIO said...

no way! :(

Post a Comment