Monday, April 11, 2011

Mega Rock Patch quickfix

Well thanks to the good people at SomethingAwful, their LP turned up an unintentional bug in my patch. Apparently the regular version of Bass was acting like Bass BX. There were some errors in the way the AI was setup. Thanks to Prof. 9, the problem has been quickly resolved and it's a rather quick fix.

If you want to quickly fix it yourself, simply apply the change yourself.
08827ABD: D0 -> D1

I have also updated the patch in general, this time adding alternate colors for non-chips on the custom screen. V3.04 of the patch can be downloaded now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?b42esbtcsi4dhs8

I really want to thank Prof. 9 and the people doing the LP. I would personally present them with this patch but alas, paying for registration is absolute lunacy - especially on no income. Still, I encourage them to encourage me as they have done before. ;)

Also, 300th post!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it might be an idea to get a DropBox and start hosting files for download there. It's free and a lot easier to work with than upload sites.

Mega Rock.exe said...

I'll think about it.

Anonymous said...

I'd be more than happy to send a referral to start using Dropbox. We would both get a bit of extra space if you sign on as a referral.

Anonymous said...

This seemed like the most appropriate place to put this so, would it be at all possible to buff up Protoman (and the Gregar LinkNavis for that matter)? It just feels odd to go through all that effort to unlock him to have him be so... basic, I guess.

Mega Rock.exe said...

Hmm, well if I recall, those Link Navis don't go SP, do they? Using them properly should have been enough, but if they're lacking something, then perhaps they could be buffed somehow.

Anonymous said...

Not so much lacking, it just seems off that Aquaman has 1600 HP along with a handful of buster powerups and Custom1, and Protoman, et. all all have 800 HP and no bonuses at all.

Mega Rock.exe said...

Yeah, they level up. I'll try to get the other Link Navis to level up as well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for looking into it :)

Post a Comment