Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mega Rock Patch V3.01

I think I've gotten enough bugs to correct to release an update. I can't believe people were playing for so long without discovering how many broken chips there were. Most of the core aspects should be okay.

Download V3.01 below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4fqmq62dw66knfq

Here is the change log.
v3.01
12/30/2010

* Fixed a bug where StepCross was locking on incorrectly.
* Expanded the animations of the full syncro ring so SyncTrigger works on Crosses.
* Fixed several chip bugs where random chips had unnecessary secondary elements applied to them.
* Updated the Stuffed Toy Zone Mr.Prog dialog to include an intro message for Link Navi operating.
* Corrected battle settings for Test Virus and GD Navi battles. It should be possible to obtain an S-rank if the enemies are defeated in under 30 seconds.


Now that the patch seems stable, I can start working on Hard Mode. I'll have some preview pics tomorrow. The pictures won't say much, though. The game will actually be more difficult. And not just higher enemy HP. I'm going to make sure the game gets balanced, too. Oh, and some epic chip nerfs, too. It won't be as easy to execute those OP combos in the game and I'm making that my top priority for Hard Mode.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just found a major bug when I was playing.

After I finished the AquaMan.exe fish capturing test and it did the dialogue to the point where you automatically get jacked out, it flashs to white for a few seconds and I get jacked back into Lab'sComp1 as AquaMan. Pressing the L button gives me dialogue for Mega Man as if I was back in the School.

Mega Rock.exe said...

So now you're not the only one to get those problems. If I could have that save, it would make it possible to fix this error. To move on, I think changing the map value would be the best choice.

Anonymous said...

sohi636: ... did u fixed it on ur fixed patch?

Anonymous said...

I got back up to the point where I'm about to talk to the official navi to end the test. Here's my save for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6wh0yyvlcwnbl25

Mega Rock.exe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mega Rock.exe said...

This should work.

D2000020 0004
32001D58 0024

Hold Select before and during you jack out. Instead of returning, you should be in the classroom.

Anonymous said...

That worked.

Thanks for the help.

Anonymous said...

For me too, that was a quick fix

Anonymous said...

Just found a new bug with exiting the TenguMan.exe
challenge once its finished. It did the same thing as the AquaMan challenge in not letting me leave the internet after I was done with it.

Is it possible the entire LinkNavi section is bugged?

Anonymous said...

Same problem also occurs with Tenguman, I assume this happens with all the navis.
Also that code doesnt help with Tenguman.

Mega Rock.exe said...

I knew this would happen.
I'm going to release a fix patch but for now, this should work if you care to patch the rom yourself.

Write the following to 08814F5C
03 D0 53 46 DB 6B 80 20 98 71 6F 6B 38 8B 07 B5 04 48 00 78 80 28 04 DB 1E 48 01 78 10 22 11 43 01 70 07 BD

Change the byte at 0809C028 to 07
Change the byte at 0809C032 to 02

Anonymous said...

From Mega Rock.exe:
Change the byte at 0809C028 to 07
Change the byte at 0809C032 to 02

Change the last two numbers?
Please Reply Soon...
Thanks Mega Rock.exe, Great Patch BTW!

Mega Rock.exe said...

That usually means to go to the offset and the top-left one should be the value to change.

Anonymous said...

Will I have to start a new game after I patch it?

Mega Rock.exe said...

Of course not. You can resume your game with this update and find no problems.

Post a Comment