Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mega Rock Patch v3

Yes. That was my project all along! I had been working on my latest patch. This time, rather than editing the old version, which was corrupted in several places, I dumped my own rom and began making edits. There are a few more edits this time and it's still a work in progress. Right now, I've released some betas so I can get feedback. But it looks all right. Thanks to Greiga Master and Prof. 9, I could add some hacks that would otherwise be impossible.

The picture you see above is the new title screen I added. I decided not to remake the entire logo and just make a new background. Simple because linear gradients make bad backgrounds.

New chips have been added to the Library; either converted or new. I'm still figuring out a legitimate way for the chips to be obtained. The patch is still supposed to conserve the qualities of the original game.

I will post new updates when I can work on it more. It's going to be awesome.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its Feckno1 Where To Download It ?

SerenadeDS said...

Dope. I like the Title Screen!

Anonymous said...

=3
Maybe you should've just edited the game to save that trouble

mega rock.exe said...

The patch is not public yet.

Alilatias said...

Hm, so from the looks of it, you're adding in battlechips from previous games + newly designed battlechips + retaining every battlechip that EXE 6 has? If so, wow, this is going to be crazy.

I wonder if it would be possible to port virus and boss data from EXE 4 and 5 into EXE 6? I guess that's something to think about in a future project though, EXE 6's story stands well on its own already.

mega rock.exe said...

I don't know what's stopping the porting of attacks. It would be really interesting.

Anonymous said...

Then when is this patch going to be public?

mega rock.exe said...

When I have time and can fix the hacking problems.

Anonymous said...

sohi636: it looks cool =D

Post a Comment