Sunday, June 20, 2010

BN5 Chip Trader Contents

I wanted to know what chips the chip traders gave and so I turned to hacking the BN5 rom instead. I figured out that the Higsby's trader and the Oran trader are the best chip traders in the game. The Ship chip trader is the worst.
I made a video showing the contents since GM refused to make a text dump option.


This, of course, wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Spikeman's chip trader notes and GM's programming ability. This information is good to know. Apparently AreaGrab and Blinder * are obtainable through legitimate means. But then there are some rarity variables affecting the outcome. I'm not too familiar with that.

2 comments:

ablon08 said...

personally, I'm not about to get out my DS and insert several thousand chips into the trader to get the blinder and area grab *....I wonder who would actually get them by legitemate means.

mega rock.exe said...

One Area Grab * is available through a DS-exclusive lotto code. I've never gotten one out of the trader yet. Good to know all of them have it.

Post a Comment