Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MMBN:OSS English Logo

Since it's obvious that the sloppy port of BN1 isn't going to be released stateside, I was given a request to make a localized version of the logo. I accepted because I've wanted to do this for a while now. I know how to create most of the effects that the Japanese logo used and therefore, I could make a very realistic-looking logo.

Here is what the logo for EXE:OSS would have looked like if it was released in the US as Megaman Battle Network Operation: Shooting Star.
Click the image to see a larger size.
Click here to download the full size version.

I wanted to make this logo different from a standard Battle Network logo. I combined elements from the original Japanese logo and from the Star Force 3 logo. For example, the yellow-green gradient and glowing edges around it are very similar to the original logo. The stylizing of the words "Battle Network" are done in a similar style as the "Operation Shooting Star" part on the Japanese logo. The background inside the words "Shooting Star" is a background I made fairly similar to the style of the background used in the game when Star Force is mentioned. The background inside the purple ring is custom made using brushes. The original background was too unclear and would actually be better off if a background was made from scratch.

Overall, I think this looks really nice. I learned a lot of techniques while I was creating this and may write more tutorials. This has been really fun.

Oh, and one last thing. Here is a smaller "game-sized" version of the logo. If all the words can be read at that size, then the logo has great legibility.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that looks like a nice logo.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I think Megaman Battle Network Operation: Star Force would be more appropriate.

brianuuu said...

oh I forgot to tell you >_>
In tim's logo, it says "operate Star Force" too

mega rock.exe said...

It is really mostly preference. Both names are okay.

brianuuu said...

hm, I think Shooting Star Rockman and Ryuusei no Rockman is japanese, star fore megaman will be better

mega rock.exe said...

The way it is right now, it sounds like a code name and it doesn't have to match. But I'm working on an alternate version.

Post a Comment