Saturday, October 17, 2009

Megaman Sprite Vector

Upon request, I have vectorized Megaman's battle sprite. This is simply one of the ugliest things I've done. Sprites are very low-res and lack detail.

Here is the final product.
megaman exe sprite

As you can see, many shapes are either poorly defined or excessively round.
See, the thing about sprites is that they're not real. They always lack details from the original but we still perceive them as what they are. Compare the real illustrations with the sprite concepts and the differences are notable.

Here is an animation comparing the differences in battle sprites. That's what I mean.
Photobucket

And here is a smaller version of the vector drawing, but larger than the sprite.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we use it?

Anonymous said...

The only thing I don't like is the left hand. Great job!

mega rock.exe said...

I know the left hand is bad. There is nothing I could do about it. You may use it.

Anonymous said...

can you post the file so we can furthur edit it?

mega rock.exe said...

Sure.
http://willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=90006

Anonymous said...

Megarock, I wasn't sure where to put this, but can I use some of your sprites from your photobucket for a game I'm working on? I promise to give credit.

mega rock.exe said...

Sure. That's fine.

Anonymous said...

the download isn't working it's just a bunch of text

mega rock.exe said...

Go to the save as link and click save as. You can edit the SVG file you get.

Omar said...

Download does not work anymore, error 404

Post a Comment